Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using speed play zeros for the last 8 years but I am getting tired of replacing the cleats so often. Have decided to go with shimano ultegra road pedals. Was wondering about the ones that are 4mm longer. Cannot decide if this would be the best option for me. I would not think 4mm would make much difference and was just going to get the longer ones. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been using speed play zeros for the last 8 years but I am getting tired of replacing the cleats so often. Have decided to go with shimano ultegra road pedals. Was wondering about the ones that are 4mm longer. Cannot decide if this would be the best option for me. I would not think 4mm would make much difference and was just going to get the longer ones. Any thoughts?
I have the 4mm longer ultegra, I had to get them because the inside of my heel was hitting the chain stay, they work ok for me, but I was told by my bike fitter that they would be ok for my fit, check with your bike fitter if you use one as they can affect the angle of your knee and feet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 4mm longer ultegra, I had to get them because the inside of my heel was hitting the chain stay, they work ok for me, but I was told by my bike fitter that they would be ok for my fit, check with your bike fitter if you use one as they can affect the angle of your knee and feet.
I have the same issue with my right heel. Thanks for the info it helps a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts