Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

New RoadBikeReview Classifieds!

24K views 93 replies 61 participants last post by  garyjohnson4 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

RoadBikeReview has launched a brand new Classifieds system. This new system has many great features and more security than our old system. Please read about the features, and if you have any questions/comments/concerns, please post them to this thread here.

Link to the New Classifieds is:
http://classifieds.roadbikereview.com/index.php

Some of the new features are:

1.) Registration is the same as the forums (and photo gallery). No more separate usernames and passwords

2.) Better security through a more thorough registration process, seller feedback ratings, and forum reputation/post count as a guide to the user's reliability

3.) You can now use Paypal to pay for your ads

4.) You can utilize Paypal within the ad, for product payment

5.) You can enter your zip code to see distance of seller to your location

6.) We still have the "Latest Ads Posted" page (aka Daily Market) with RSS feed!

7.) The old "checklist" feature is now known as the "Watch List", to help you mark certain ads to keep track of.

8.) You can post comments directly to the ads

I'm sure there are others, and I will be adding more info to this thread, as is needed.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,

-gregg, MikeG, and the Mtbr crew

See less See more
#2 ·
The new system will be implemented by running both systems side by side for a two week period. After that, the old Classifieds system will be read only for 1 month.

Ads will not be transferred, but we expect most people to start using the new system right away.

Pricing has not yet been decided, but during the beta-launch, placing a basic ad will be free, upgrading to highlighted (darker grey background) is $2.00, upgrading to bold is $2.00, and upgrading to italic is $2.00.

No more Gold or Platinum priority placements.

-g

#3 ·
The Username and Password for the New Classifieds is the same as the Forums!

Please note that the Username and Password for the new Classifieds is the same as the Forums.

If you are not registered in the forums, you can register here:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/

And click on the "Register" link. This will be easier, since you will have one username and password for the RoadBikeReview Forums, RoadBikeReview Photo Gallery, and RoadBikeReview Classifieds.

No more having to remember a separate login and password.

Thanks,

-gregg

#7 ·
michael_g said:
basman_wilson07@yahoo.com

Basman has kindly offered to purchase all of the items I've listed provided they are in good condition and that he will even organize shipping of the items for me. Basman is a wonderful person. Could someone please remove him from the list of registered users? I can't simply add him to my spam blocker as that would stop all RBR messages from reaching me. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the alert, he is banned.

-g

#8 ·
racerjake said:
I've been poking around on here for 15 minutes and still can't find the cost(s) of placing ads. How much and is it the same regardless of the duration of the ad???
Currently, basic ads are free, and run for 30 days.

To upgrade (highlighted, bold, italic) costs $2 each.

We are still deciding whether ads will remain free or not.

-g

#9 ·
Suggestion

I like the new format, much more friendly. If I could make a suggestion.....allow sorting by classification, for example frame size. That way, someone looking for a 54 cm could view all 54 cm frames together and not only save themselves time but ensure they haven't missed one.
Thanks and congrats on the new look,
dwandersen

#14 ·
Possibly something on your computer is causing the problem. You can try clearing the browser's cache, cookies and temporary Internet files.

If the above does not work then something running on your computer might be the cause of the problem. The vBulletin application is sensitive to conflicts from ISP software (i.e. AOL, Earthlink), firewalls, anti-virus, spam and pop-up blockers. Each application must be shutdown systematically until you find the guilty party.

#15 ·
possible scammer

Hello,
Can someone give me a hand with this situation? I purchased wheels 11 days ago from user Bykr2007 (see his Spinergy wheelset on the classifieds). Used Paypal, tried to contact via Roadbikereviews and email. Not sure if anyone has had dealings with this. What are my options at this point?
Thanks,
Ryan

#16 ·
Paypal's resolution center is the first option you should exercise. Send me the link to the ad, if it still up. I banned the account, but that does nothing for your situation. The only contact info registered with the account is the email address. Sorry, we cannot provide more assistance.

#20 ·
Toothpick said:
How do you send in feedback? I sold something and would like some feedback from buyer, but don't know what to tell them to do. Thanks in advance.
You can click on the sellers name, if they still have an ad up, and leave feedback there.

If the seller no longer has an ad up, you can find them via the "member list" and click on their username and leave feedback there.

Hope this helps.

-g

#24 ·
Trouble Paying for Ad

My connection was interupted before I was able to pay for my ad. The ad still appears complete, but "Not yet paid for." I can not seem to find the correct method to complete the payment. This needs to happen so my ad will show on the classifieds. Please tell me how to pay you.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.