Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a MTBr for about 5yrs and have done some racing I just bought a road bike and have started riding it.

When I started mtb I read a several books for beginners. These gave me some ideas on skills I needed to develop.

Does anyone have suggestions on begginer books for road biking?

I know the key is to get on the bike and ride. I just need to read up on things I should work on.

·
classiquesklassieker
3,113 Posts
TrunkMonkey said:
I have been a MTBr for about 5yrs and have done some racing I just bought a road bike and have started riding it.

When I started mtb I read a several books for beginners. These gave me some ideas on skills I needed to develop.

Does anyone have suggestions on begginer books for road biking?

I know the key is to get on the bike and ride. I just need to read up on things I should work on.
The hardest thing will probably be group-riding skills. I think the Prehn cycling tactics book has some of this stuff, and is a useful reference in general.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
johngfoster said:
This forum (RBR.com) will give you all the info/advice you will need, and it's free. A lot of stuff you find here you won't find in print elsewhere.
AMEN
I did a lot of reading on random stuff, and it was useful, but RBR's better than anything else.
and it's somewhat personalized because you can ask any question and get real responses.
However, Serious Cycling by Ed Burke is pretty good, and tons of people recommend The Cyclists Training Bible, by Joe Friel. Ed Burke is a bit dry, Friel's amazing.
-estone2

·
Registered
611 Posts
estone2 said:
AMEN
I did a lot of reading on random stuff, and it was useful, but RBR's better than anything else.
and it's somewhat personalized because you can ask any question and get real responses.
However, Serious Cycling by Ed Burke is pretty good, and tons of people recommend The Cyclists Training Bible, by Joe Friel. Ed Burke is a bit dry, Friel's amazing.
-estone2
+1. Check out the newbie forum, and enjoy your new obsession...

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.