Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share some photos with my Orbea buddies of my new wheelset. I will give you a report back after a couple of rides.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Which Schwalbes are those? Bike looks good! I've thought about upgrading my wheels, still using the Equipe's that came with the bike, but I roll so fast in group rides I often have to hit the brakes when others are pedaling. Must have got some sweet bearings!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you need some Ultremo R.1 tires. They are a great handling tire although they do wear relatively fast, a small price to pay for performance.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'd be curious to know how much rotational weight you were able to drop with the Elan and if you perceive a difference when climbing.

·
RoadBikeReview Member
394 Posts
s4tom3 said:
I thought I would share some photos with my Orbea buddies of my new wheelset. I will give you a report back after a couple of rides.
I have the older Elan Aero (look virtually the same) on my Orca. They are great wheels, and look great on the Orca. I've raced and trained a full season on them and haven't even touched them once...and they have definitely taken some hits. Keep in mind I'm a sub-140 lb rider so I'm not terrible on wheels.

My only knock on them is that they are not as aero as other offerings out there which would really help on some races I've done. Over the winter I'm thinking about getting an Edge 45 w/alchemy hubs or powertap to get both aero and light (not so much with powertap), and using the Rolfs for hill climb races and general training. They are definitely an upgrade over what you have on there now.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Do these wheels have a weight limit i am in the 175 lb range ??

would love a set of these for my 585 and they seem well priced for the weight
considering these or the american classic mags

Twiggy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts