Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my Bontrager Race saddle that came on my LeMond Chambery with a Koobi AU Enduro.....I have it on the bike and it looks to be in the same spot as the Bontrager saddle....How can I tell if the saddle is in the correct spot....I will prob put the first miles on the Koobi saddle tomarrow afternoon, so I am a little worried about a rough ride....thanks

· Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
If it was in the right spot before the easiest thing to do is measure your old saddle before you took it off. Center of the head tube to the tip of the saddle (for fore/aft) and center of your bottom bracket to the top of your saddle (make a straight line from the center of the BB to the top of your saddle) for up/down.

If you've already changed saddles... err... just see if you can get it close. If you were fit before maybe the person who fit you has your measurements.

If all else fails eye it up and go for a short ride and see how it feels and adjust as needed.

joe

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hit the rode tonight to put 10 miles on the new Koobi AU Enduro saddle....I got to mile #9, about a mile from my house, and thought I feel pretty good why not go a few more....I downed a hammer gel pack and some water..then keep on riding....I rode some country roads near the house instead of packing bike and gear and driving to the rail to trails. we had rain all around us, by the doppler looked clear over my ride route.....Long story short, I rode some hills and ended up back home after 1 1/2 hours with 24 miles (avg 15.9 mph) on the new saddle....The good new minor set bone discomfort but no discomfort in the boyz...woohoo..I think I have the saddle adjusted right...The front was pointed up too much, which I noticed right away...I adjusted it down and it felt good....I think after my set bone gets conditioned to riding I'll be good to go with this saddle...I only have about 120 miles under me know, so I am still a newbie...By the way....24 miles is my longest ride so far...I had two 20's and some shorter ones....

· RoadBikeRider
1,053 Posts
IF you still have the old saddle you can look at it and see if there are clamp marks on the rails where it was clamped to the post. You might be able to do the same with the seat post height if you changed that. If so, re install the old saddle, take measurements and re install the new saddle accordingly. Should work good for height but since all saddles are not the same length, taking a measurement from the nose may get you close but not exactly what you had before. You should be able to get it close to what you had before and then make fine adjustments from there. I set my saddle fore and aft using KOPS mesurements. This would involve measuring your knee position in accordance to the pedal spindle taken with level cranks and by dropping a plumb line from the knee to the pedal spindle. There is a lot of discussion as to what it should be exactly ( dead center or a centimeter or two ahead or behind). I know what works for me and use this to install new (different length or shape) saddles or transferring components to a new frame. This is probably more info than you want but may be useful someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.