Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So Im in saddle hell. On my fifth in a month. SLR Gelflow killed, so ditched that one. Era was nice...a bit too soft and narrow. Buh Bye. Aliante felt good on the sit bones, lousy on the 'taint. Best I could do was an Aspide, a saddle with a minimal amount of padding.

So the Aspide feels pretty good, but I feel my sit bones protesting a bit, ALL my pressure is on those bones and as such, start to get a little bit sore after a pretty short amoumt of time. Seems most of the harder saddles have that effect on me. They feel....well....hard...with the sensation all my weight is on those two small bones and every bit of road feel going RIGHT to those bones.

So....question is.....is this normal and should I give my bum some time to get used to this saddle or should I feel real comfortable right off the bat?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You do not say how much time you have on this saddle. Many times you can tell within 15 min if a saddle is not the right one. By the same token, a good saddle might take a week or so for you to make the proper adjustments both physically and mechanically to the new ride. You might consider trying a Koobi PRS ENDURO if you would like a smoother ride www.koobi.com. I have one and it works as advertised; a firm saddle with shock absorbing bushings. I envy people who can ride nearly anything; I had to kiss a lot of toads to find the right ride – good luck.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

Forgot to mention that Ive been on the road for a year. Logged a good 2K last year....a century and some other 40-60 milers, plus daily after-work-hour-longs...but...it was on a Trek with one of those lousy, overly padded "Lux" saddles. So for all intents and purposes, this is my first foray into "real" saddles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.