Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I like my Toupe, but something about its shape makes it very sensitive to angle... Just a little bit off and it's much less comfortable.

If the R3 still comes with that lousy 1-bolt FSA post with the very coarse angle adjustment, you will want to replace it with a good micro-adjustable post. The R3 takes a very large post (32.4mm) which is uncommon. I managed to find a two-bolt Selcof post in the correct diameter but getting a USE shim and more common diameter post is probably a better solution.

When it is at the right angle its a good saddle. Absolutely no numbness issues no matter long long I stay in the drops (and my bars are pretty low). It does put more pressure on the sit bones but I can deal with that, especially if I use chamois cream for rides over 6 hours. The specialized butt-measuring pad measured me at 143mm but I found the 143mm saddle too wide. 130mm is better for me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.