Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just cleaned 'er up and took some photos. Paid a little more for this one than I did the Miyata, but still a good deal. It was set up with some old profile aero bars (the HUGE ones), and someone had cut the handlebars and flipped them. Luckily, I had the same Cinelli bars, and I brought the bike back to a normal road setup. I found some old skinwall Panaracers to replace the humongus IRC touring tires it had, and the topper was some same-era Look pedals in white. I really like this bike, it's gorgeous. It weighs in at 22.5 pounds, 54cm.

Oh, and all the original Sante is there. Super cool.

View attachment 85771

View attachment 85772

View attachment 85773

View attachment 85774

View attachment 85775

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! This is my second Circuit, actually. The first is the keeper... it's a 1989, and it's my size, a 58. I'll post some pics of it after I bring it back from display status to road-worthy status. To give you a hint, it has the same basic paint job as the '88, but I'm throwing some Mavic Heliums on it. It's gonna look super hot, I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sweet bike. I like how its still original. I have an 87 circuit, matte black, but I only have the frame, and no fork. I had to put on a carbon fiber threadless fork because I don't know where to find a period correct replacement fork. Congrats on a nice find. I would love to see pics of your other circuit as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the comments! I agree with all of you- these Columbus-tubed Schwinns are really nice bikes. I still want a Prologue, one of the road ones in black/gray (1988, I think). And I would love to get one of the black & chrome Circuits in my size too, an '87, I think. For the time being, I still have my '89 Circuit, 58cm. It's a blast to ride, and the Heliums look really sharp on it. Here's a couple pics.

View attachment 136266

View attachment 136267

·
Registered
661 Posts
I had a '88 as well. Great riding bike, very under rated. Two areas that I eventually upgraded were the jis crown race, and the rear cassette. Originally it used an UG cassette and those are difficult to find. I converted the freehub to HG.
Enjoy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
raymonda said:
That has got to be the same bike as the OP
It looks like it, but it's not. I sold the bike posted at the top a while ago to someone local, and I still see the bike and it's new owner around. Crazy thing is I sold it for $250, if I remember correctly. Had no idea the one on ebay would go for that high.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts