Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you will be able to use the new FC-R700 compact crank with Dura-Ace 9 components? I currently have DA9 Front Derailleur, DA Rear Derailleur, and a DA cassette.

I did a seach but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

RC

·
Registered
616 Posts
It will work fine. You may have to adjust the front derailleur. Shorten your chain too.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ryan said:
Does anyone know if you will be able to use the new FC-R700 compact crank with Dura-Ace 9 components? I currently have DA9 Front Derailleur, DA Rear Derailleur, and a DA cassette.

I did a seach but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

RC
Maybe a little off your aim, but I've had my Ultegra 9 sp double running 38/50 rings for months now, with no shifting issues. My new ride has the Shimano compact with 10 sp Ultegra and shifting is just fine - when you look closely at the compact big ring, you can see where they put serious engineering into the ramps, pins and teeth shape of the 50T ring to get good shifting performance - subtle points, but obviously they add up.

Can't see any issues with your proposed combo with a few tweaks - move the front der down appropriately, chain length adjustment if needed.

Hope that helps

D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts