Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Shimano is releasing it's re-designed stuff soon? I heard it mentioned on VS Giro coverage last weekend that a few riders were using it. Phil or ? said it was over a pound lighter than the current Dura Ace and has both cable housings wrapped to the bars like Campy....that is interesting as I am about to upgrade anyhow.
Don Hanson

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
It probably be available to the public next March or so. Right now its being tested in the field by a variety of sponsored riders. All the kinks are being worked out now. Initial production generally will start sometime around October with the initial production runs being for OEM manufacturers.
Unless you are well connected in the industry you won't be getting 7900 DA on your bike anytime before next spring.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Gnarly 928 said:
Anyone know if Shimano is releasing it's re-designed stuff soon? I heard it mentioned on VS Giro coverage last weekend that a few riders were using it. Phil or ? said it was over a pound lighter than the current Dura Ace and has both cable housings wrapped to the bars like Campy....that is interesting as I am about to upgrade anyhow.
Don Hanson
It's NOT a pound heavier. report say 200-275g.

If you go by the 7800 release, then October/November OEM and March for public release.
You may find someitmes here and there appera around January in some shops/site or ebay. Agaim, mostly Spring 09.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.