Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched from MTB shoes to road shoes... I bought the MTB shoes when i first started out b/c they were less expensive and my first pair. i never had any trouble clippin in those, but i finally got ready to get some real road shoes and just got back from my first ride. i LOVE them! they are so much cooler and lighter and more comfortable for road riding, however...my feet are sliding all over the pedal! i never before realized that i had accuracy problems with clipping in, i guess the grip on the bottom of the MTB shoes held me steady on the pedal until i made the clip.

besides just practice and getting good at hitting the right spot the first time, anyone got any helpful hints on how not to kill myself :eek: whilst trying to clip in?

thanks for all the help!!

· Registered
46 Posts
So are things ok once you clip in? Because that means just practice clipping in more. If you're sliding around while biking, get a cleat with less float- I had Looks with red cleats and it was just too much float for me. I went to the grey cleats (along with buying Look Keo pedals) and I like it a lot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.