Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know any cycling shoes you can get in a wide width that are white? I know sidi but any other brands?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I think Specialized makes some too. The new Bontrager shoes seem to be pretty good but I'm not sure if they have wide versons.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Shimano R220

They come in E sizing. The heel can be molded if its a bit loose. But its overall normal width expect for the fore to mid foot.

I love mine!

·
Two scoops of inertia.
529 Posts
i believe lake cycling offers wide sizes and they have a number of options in white.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
I used to wear Carnacs, but for over a decade it's been Sid Mega (I have the same problem). Shimano has great "toe box" options and a friend has some Time RXE road shoes that feel pretty good. They're light, stiff and Nashbar has some on sale. When you find one you like, pay close attention to how well it fits your heel.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I love my Specialized S-Works shoes but they're like $299 MSRP. They tried to talk me into the White pair, but I went for the black (easier to keep LOOKING clean and I'm lazy). Here they are in White, and I know for a fact that they make them in EE - I saw a bunch at the shop on Saturday:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all for your responses I just went to try the sworks shoe on they fit great. I think I'm gonna go with them!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
nicks2192 said:
thank you all for your responses I just went to try the sworks shoe on they fit great. I think I'm gonna go with them!
Welcome to the club ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
2009 Specialized Pro model

Nick, before deciding on the S-Works model with the boa closure I suggest you try the 2009 Pro model, in white of course. I had been wearing the S-Works model and tried the Pro model and found the Pro to have a wider toe box and be more comfortable. The s-Works seems to have a more european fit. Good luck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks I'll give them a try before I make my choice.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Doesn't Bontrager shoes come in wider fronts too? They look kinda cool as well if they do have the width you want.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah well my megas are a little big but their regular size are too small. so im trying to find something in the middle.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The Diadora Pro Racer Carbon's come in white. I had a pair for about 4 months last year. Unfortunately they got trashed when some b*tch turned left in front of me. I normaly take a 43 but I needed a 43.5 in the Diadora's. I could have gone with a 44 if I wanted a little bit more room in the toes. They were light, had a stiff sole, and were comfortable. I had to go back to my old Carnacs. Unfortunately, with being laid off, medical bills, moving across country and back in search of a job; I haven't been able to get another pair of decent shoes. I need something on sale. I saw some Northwave Typhoon SBS on sale for $120. They are a bit futher down than any shoe that I usually use. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
exracer said:
The Diadora Pro Racer Carbon's come in white. I had a pair for about 4 months last year. Unfortunately they got trashed when some b*tch turned left in front of me. I normaly take a 43 but I needed a 43.5 in the Diadora's. I could have gone with a 44 if I wanted a little bit more room in the toes. They were light, had a stiff sole, and were comfortable. I had to go back to my old Carnacs. Unfortunately, with being laid off, medical bills, moving across country and back in search of a job; I haven't been able to get another pair of decent shoes. I need something on sale. I saw some Northwave Typhoon SBS on sale for $120. They are a bit futher down than any shoe that I usually use. Any suggestions?
Look at Sierra Trading Post. I ordered a couple of pair of Diadora ProRacer Carbons a couple of weeks ago to try on, they were about $130 each. Turns out they didn't fit my foot as well as the Sidi 5.5's I was also looking at (I was right between 42.5 and 43 in Diadora, neither felt just right, probably a width:length issue). I sent both back. I can't remember what their stocking/availability was, but the price was great. Nice shoes too. In weightweenies forums I posted weights (can't remember off hand but you could search on my name there and find it.). They were comparable to Sidi 5.0 and 5.5, difference not worth worrying about, if that is any matter at all.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Originally posted by Camilo
Look at Sierra Trading Post. I ordered a couple of pair of Diadora ProRacer Carbons a couple of weeks ago to try on, they were about $130 each. Turns out they didn't fit my foot as well as the Sidi 5.5's I was also looking at (I was right between 42.5 and 43 in Diadora, neither felt just right, probably a width:length issue). I sent both back. I can't remember what their stocking/availability was, but the price was great. Nice shoes too. In weightweenies forums I posted weights (can't remember off hand but you could search on my name there and find it.). They were comparable to Sidi 5.0 and 5.5, difference not worth worrying about, if that is any matter at all.
Yeah, I had checked them once and saw that they had lowered the price. I checked them and everything is too small. I need a minimum of 43.5. Doooooohhhhhhhhh, sometimes it's so fustrating.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
xtrsmith said:
Specialized and Shimano and Sidi. The three best brands. Bontragers suck.
How so (in reference to Bontrager sucks)?

DMTs are good too. Very good in fact. Just not in the widths the OP may require.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts