Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a easy ride today on my cross check,(raced the SS cross bike yesterday-didn't feel like racing a double weekend) thankfully the rain decided to subside for most of the ride. Went out to the Kirkland bike shop where I have a Gunnar hyper X and some parts for it on order, + I had forgot to put the water bottle on the bike. Got a new bottle and filled it up for the ride home and talked with the shop guys, guess the Silver White industry CLD Hubs came in, and surprise to me, it came with the new 48T ratchet version, instead of the usual 24t version. I've liked the white industry T11 road wheels I've had, but figured the only real advantage to the Chris king R45 hubs is faster engagement and a couple of grams..but at a not insubstantial extra cost. With the faster engagement version of the CLD hubs you can get faster engagement and the tougher Ti Freehub that White industry hubs are known for. Lead time is still over a month away on the frame, but should have it ready close to my Bday after Thanksgiving. Adam

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.