Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
I would sometimes get a delay while connecting to or downloading content from spinbox. I don't think I've encountered that today, but it is not something I was watching for. I can watch tomorrow for it. Connected via cable at home and three DS3s at work.

As Baxter mentioned, pop-ups are making it through Firefox's filter. :-( Haven't updated Firefox since I installed FC 3. A reason to get the latest build I guess.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Much Better..Thank You!

I was one of the malcontents originally complaining about the slowness of the site. It is much improved. No hang-ups, no re-loading of pages. The Flashy adds are even somewhat less irritating now.

Thanks to RBR.com

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
francois said:
Hola.

We installed new ad serving software on the whole site this morning. The old ad engine (spinbox) was slowing the site down.

So my question is... Do the pages load faster now? Slower? No change?

thanks,
francois
Faster.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
As a confirmed troglodyte with a dial-up connection, I gotta say it isn't working for me. Like others, the ads are loading marginally faster, but the body of the page loads much more slowly (most times), and if there are any photos in a thread, it's now a full-time career getting everything on the page to display. Refreshing multiple times is the order of the day. I'll admit that my PC is not helping, but even so, I have noticed a performance decline lately.

But, hey! it's not costing me anything but time, so I'm not sure how much I should complain....

·
Banned
936 Posts
Foxfire. .Smart move!

Room 1201 said:
....BTW (to the chagrin of those paying for the advertising)with the new ad server I had to add to my list of add blocked sites on my Firefox ;) (with my computer not downloading the ads RBR loads mucho faster) :)
Dumped Microsoft's Internet Explorer a couple of months ago, and haven't looked back! IE sux! Foxfire is WAYYY faster, and isn't full of spyware like IE. ;)

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
goose127 said:
it seems faster to me. RBR has alwasy been faster loading than MTBR. Should the load times be faster for MTRB as well?
No, but yes.

Mtbr is converting today!!

francois

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
francois said:
Hola.

We installed new ad serving software on the whole site this morning. The old ad engine (spinbox) was slowing the site down.

So my question is... Do the pages load faster now? Slower? No change?

thanks,
francois
not noticeably faster or slower for me, but the number of pop-ups is infuriating. they come up every 10 seconds, sometimes. and whoever wrote them was able to evade my pop-up killer software (native to Safari). I understand the need for advertising money, but this is a bit too far.

·
Non non normal
10,089 Posts
It seems like it is loading a little faster but,

not faster than all the posts getting yanked off the general discussion board

I can't believe management left this one here and didn't put it in site feedback

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Same experience here... I have cable connections at home and work

Several times I have just gotten tired of reading ads waiting for the Forums to come up and just switched to another site.

·
Already at Redline!
0 Posts
Lots of "Document contains no data"

Francois -

I gets plenty of "Document contains no data" errors. I right click on a topic and select "Open Link in New Tab", then the page never loads and I get the above error. Interestingly, I have no problem with mtbr's message boards. Are both sites running the same software?

CJ

21 - 32 of 32 Posts