Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this last Sunday but couldn't fit it into my schedule so I did it today. It's 1h40m long, the longest video yet. It has lots of 7/10 sections which add a lot to the time without the high intensity of some videos but given the overall length I'm thankful for that. The hardest part hits around the 52 minute point. Here you do six bursts of 40 seconds at 9/10 followed by 20 seconds of recovery. Rest for 2 minutes and then it's six bursts of 30 seconds at 9/10 followed by 30 seconds of recovery. Rest again and then do six of 20/40 seconds of 10/10 and recovery. It made me think of the tabata workouts someone described on another thread but sandwiched within a 100 minute ride.

The quality of the video is great, HD as is the norm now. The time warnings & pacing is also easy to find & keep track of. Overall it's a really tough ride and forced me to ride beyond the 1 hour typical ride I do.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Was thinking about getting this video actually. Somewhat of a newbie, I have done a few endurance training sessions and think this will provide the ass kickin it advertises! The 1:40 on the trainer sounds like it will get me through the bike leg of an Olympic tri I've got coming up

·
Registered
189 Posts
Icant really say. I've done a few spin classes but the ones I'm speaking about were at a multisport facility where they had the trax system to hook your bike up to. Beat the crap out of me!!

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so, is this video similar to doing a spin class? (have you done a good spin class?)
I wouldn't compare it to a spin class. There's more structure to the video, from a cycling pov. It makes sense when you push hard & when you recover. Bottom line is it makes a 100 minute indoor ride tolerable and pushes me much harder than I would otherwise.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn't compare it to a spin class. There's more structure to the video, from a cycling pov. It makes sense when you push hard & when you recover. Bottom line is it makes a 100 minute indoor ride tolerable and pushes me much harder than I would otherwise.
yeah, i would have to get a video to ride inside. i know i could sit there and spin. but i couldnt get the same effective workout without someone/something help pushing me? if that makes sense. at least indoors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.