Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these photos today... My new super commuter/ allrounder is born in Bozeman... 26" wheels and disc brakes on road tubing and geometry. Think Bridgestone XO-1 evolved into the present day. Have couplers will travel. Thanks Carl Strong.:D

singlecross

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I'll take that XO-1 since you won't be needing it anymore.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I've always wished you could ride 'em unpainted........

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MB1 said:
I've always wished you could ride 'em unpainted........
You can... Titanium. :cool:

singlecross

·
Burnum Upus Quadricepus
2,017 Posts
MB1 said:
Ya, but steel is reel........
So go with Reynolds 953.

Your favorite, Waterford, builds with it all the time. I have a friend who says his R33-SS (for Stainless Steel, not Single-Speed) is the best bike he's ever ridden, surpassing even his regular-steel R33. It's a special edition unpainted bike, not shown on the web site.

The web site shows 953 as an option for the rear triangle of standard R33s, and as an RS-22 model, but painted.

Plenty of other builders use stainless, Carl Strong is one (if you prefer TIG-welded), Dave Anderson is another (if you prefer lugs).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got any close-ups of those beautiful dropouts.
It looks like your going to be running the caliper between the stays, right?
Is the derailleur hanger in a fixed position? or Does it have horizontal adjustment?

Looks great keep the pics coming!

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
MB1 said:
Ya, but steel is reel........
. . . and ti is super fly. :cool:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pablo said:
. . . and ti is super fly. :cool:
Pablo, your curvy Blacksheep had me pick up the phone and call James. I was this close to pulling the trigger with Blacksheep but it was a Ti or couplers descision for me. Couplers won out and I went back to Carl for #2. I love your Blacksheep though.

singlecross

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dustyrider said:
Got any close-ups of those beautiful dropouts.
It looks like your going to be running the caliper between the stays, right?
Is the derailleur hanger in a fixed position? or Does it have horizontal adjustment?

Looks great keep the pics coming!
Yes, the caliper is tucked in out of the way on the chainstay. The derailleur hanger is fixed because this bike will have gears...lots of gears, for lots of terrain. I'll keep the pics coming when I get the frame and fork to build up after powdercoating.

singlecross

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rcnute said:
I'll take that XO-1 since you won't be needing it anymore.
My XO-1 is a bit small (its a 52cm). It may go up for sale after the new Strong has been built up and ridden a while. Or, I may try to trade my 52cm XO for a 55cm. I'm in no hurry to get rid of the XO, its a fun, unique bike.

singlecross

1 - 17 of 17 Posts