Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit down on it yesterday and I can hardly wait to pick up my new Tarmac Elite compact next week! I've been on a Specialized mountain bike for a few years, but this is my first road bike. I'm excited to start racking up the miles. This forum was a big help when deciding which bike to buy, thanks!

·
Administrator
13,151 Posts
steelcity24 said:
I put a deposit down on it yesterday and I can hardly wait to pick up my new Tarmac Elite compact next week! I've been on a Specialized mountain bike for a few years, but this is my first road bike. I'm excited to start racking up the miles. This forum was a big help when deciding which bike to buy, thanks!
Congrats- you got a really nice bike!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow!!!!! What a ride. I've been lugging my stumpjumper around on the street lately so obviously this is night and day. I have a 10 mile loop that I do in the mornings. My first ride I shaved 6 minutes off my usual time! I need to figure out an extension to my loop so I can start logging some serious miles. I will try and get some pics up soon. This is an awesome bike!

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
steelcity24 said:
Wow!!!!! What a ride. I've been lugging my stumpjumper around on the street lately so obviously this is night and day. I have a 10 mile loop that I do in the mornings. My first ride I shaved 6 minutes off my usual time! I need to figure out an extension to my loop so I can start logging some serious miles. I will try and get some pics up soon. This is an awesome bike!
Glad you're enjoying your new ride. I got my Comp three months ago and already have about 1,100 miles on it. Like you, I find myself able to ride longer, which is a testimonial to its comfort (and speed because it's fun!). All in all they are great bikes, especially for their price point. Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, you were all very right!!! I love this bike! I've put about 60 miles on it so far with a lot of large climbs and it's great. I don't have much to compare it to as this is my first road bike (gone through quite a few mtn bikes) but I am very happy. I will try and post some pics when I have a chance too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.