Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
578 Posts
mohair_chair said:
To me, it went from boring and ugly to slightly less boring and less ugly.
Yup. They should take a page from Cannondale, Scott or perhaps even Giant in the design dept. Simpler is better. You can make red, black, white and yellow work with making it look like a hot mess, which is what the new team bike looks like.

Actually if they made some minor changes to the old Shack bike it would be nicer than the new one. The seat stays, seat tube and chainstay should have solid black with a red stripe and yellow stripe. Ditch the circled R's on the seat tube. The top and down tube should be black toward the rear and fade to grey toward the front with a grey fork. Again, ditch the circled R's. and fewer "Trek" logos, two huge "Treks" in white on the top and down tube should be enough.

· Registered
249 Posts
Classic Bikes said:
Why is the new RadioShack TDF theme $629.99 less expensive than the old?

Thanks!
The old RS theme has a ton of RS logos on it that must all be applied and masked off individually.
The new RS theme has far less RS logos, so it doesn't take nearly as long to paint as the old one.

· Registered
41 Posts
tbb001 said:
The old RS theme has a ton of RS logos on it that must all be applied and masked off individually.
The new RS theme has far less RS logos, so it doesn't take nearly as long to paint as the old one.
Thank you very much for the quick reply. It is remarkable all of the work that goes into making one of these amazing bikes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuDjg3qpaQs

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I definitely prefer the look of the new one. The Scott tour bikes this year are pretty clean designs--but most Scott bikes are very loud and noisy. I like the look of their stock bikes, but I certainly wouldn't categorize them as plain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.