Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it so much I couldn't bear to see it buried at No. 55 in the other thread on overpriced gadgets: It's a genuine Cuisinar food processor, about $200 four or five years ago. We had a cheap one, $39.95 or something, and it died, When I went to replace it, the Real Thing was on sale, and I lost control of my Visa card and bought one. Aside from the initial shock, I've never been sorry a day in my life. Every time I use it, I appreciate it.

Other candidates: A Kitchen Aid mixer I've only had for about a month. I'm still thinking up excuses to use it, but MAN, it's fun to watch.
And a ~$300 set of Calphalon-clone pots and pans from Costco. That one was a gift, and when I opened it I sneered, because a real cook can do the job with a frying pan and a couple of hubcaps. But I've had it two or three years now, and I rarely saute an onion or make a stew without mentally thanking the person who gave it to us.

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade, Cory. I always wanted to have a food processor. Until my roommate got one. I just cut my finger while washing my roommate's food processor. She used it to grate a block of cheese. When I cut my finger, I thought, "Why on earth am I washing five awkward pieces of a huge food processor and getting my finger cut, when you can buy grated cheese at the store?"

Grated cheese is the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
eddy said:
"Why on earth am I washing five awkward pieces of a huge food processor and getting my finger cut, when you can buy grated cheese at the store?"

Because freshly grated cheese is even better. ;)

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
eddy said:
Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade, Cory. I always wanted to have a food processor. Until my roommate got one. I just cut my finger while washing my roommate's food processor. She used it to grate a block of cheese. When I cut my finger, I thought, "Why on earth am I washing five awkward pieces of a huge food processor and getting my finger cut, when you can buy grated cheese at the store?"

You don't need a bulky machine to grate some cheese, it uses up ore elbow grease than a simple thing like this:

I also found this:

:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts