Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace a pair (mainly the rear) of vredestein fortezzas that came with the component group I bought at the beginning of the summer. The rear is pretty worn and I have about 1600 mi on them.
I am looking at clinchers from continental, michelin, and vredestein and wonder if anybody could recommend the best tire for my needs. I ride about 200 mi a week on country asphalt, dont care about weight, want something durable and puncture resistant as possible, dont care about price, and dont race nor plan to.
Also is there a difference in the brands for tubes? Or are they all about the same in durability?

thanks

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Gatorskins?

jackstulip said:
I am looking at clinchers from continental, michelin, and vredestein and wonder if anybody could recommend the best tire for my needs. I ride about 200 mi a week on country asphalt, dont care about weight, want something durable and puncture resistant as possible, dont care about price, and dont race nor plan to. Also is there a difference in the brands for tubes? Or are they all about the same in durability?
At the same price point, tires from these major manufacturers are pretty similar in features. If you want to take durability up a notch, Conti Gatorskins are a good choice. For a loss in ride quality, the Specialized Armadillo will give you the highest durability. Tubes don't really enter into the durability equation until you get into "thorn resistant" models which start to ride like you've replaced air with solid rubber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.