Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Short legs spinnin' fast
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm basically due to throw a new rear tire on, and have a duathlon upcoming next weekend. I'll likely focus the next few days on my running instead of cycling, and may not get a lot of miles on the new tire. Is there any detriment to putting the tire on and racing it without really getting many miles on it (~150)? I think I could possibly squeeze another ~400 miles out of the existing tire, so maybe it's worth just taking a chance on it during the race. If it helps, I ride Conti GP 4000s. Thoughts?

· Registered
252 Posts
You could go either way on that, imo. If you decide to use the existing tire, just check it closely for cuts. If there are a few, then I would be inclined to change it before the race. That would be my determining factor.

Good luck btw. which tri is it?

· Short legs spinnin' fast
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get a couple more rides on it & then really scour to make sure it's OK. Gotta squeeze every mile I can out of it!

It's the Aquaman Three Rivers race in Three Rivers, MI. This is actually my first multi-sport event. I hear it's a hilly course, so I think I may actually just go and ride the bike split a time or two on Sat so I have an idea of when to gear for the hills. Should be fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.