Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How you guys doin?

i have been ridin mountain, BMX, single speed, tricyles, unicycles, so now i want to try road racing. I have been ridin my dads old raleigh super coarse around and really like that

so i was wondering what whould be a good intermediate bike to start racing on and what price range i am lookin at?

thanks guys and gals!

G

·
What price range is reasonable for you?

You can pay about as much as you want for a race bike but also get by pretty cheap if you need too, maybe not a bad idea until you have been riding road long enough to know what you want.

G

·
Honestly you can spend 3500 and just get a frame, but you can get a nice very raceable bike for much less.

You could build one up from scratch, that is usually my preference as I am particular and like to pick everything myself. But for a first bike, as long you get a frame that fits you well, it might make sense to just get a stock bike and then upgrade/change things as you see fit.

G

·
The most important difference to is probably going to be differences in the frame geometry that will make one bike fit you better than another, something you won't pick up on without trying several out. There are of course bikes that are arguably better deals than others but in the end you are far more likely to ride and enjoy a bike that fits than one that was a great deal but doesn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.