Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
ReviewBikeRoad Member
1,368 Posts
I don't know what is available in your area, but where I live biking has been "hot" for a number of years, and several reputable shops specialized in selling refurbished used bikes, due to the market demand for nice, classic road bikes.

They cost probably twice what you'd spend on Craigslist (say $400 for a decent road bike rather than $200), but the risk factors are removed in accidentally buying a lemon and having to pay to replace everything.

This may be something to look into. A few years ago I bought a used bike off of craigslist without knowing much of anything, and it wound up being a Peugeot that can be expensive to buy replacement parts for (I didn't know anything about French bikes or specialty parts at the time). Lesson learned, the $150 bike needed about $200 in parts to stop having shifting and chain drop issues, which I never got around to doing because of the cost.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.