Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i am new here and other than riding bikes as a kid am relatively new to cycling...I am getting into the sport as a good way to loose the next 50 or so pounds and am finding I really enjoy it! I am already noticing a change in my resting heart rate as well as new muscles in my legs. At any rate I have been checking the site out and have found lots of great info.

Thanks for the great site.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am in the same boat/bike. I started riding again after 40 years off. I don't have as much to lose but I am pretty flabby. The first month nothing happened. But if you keep at it, the change is obvious.

Things that matter: a bike that "fits" matters most. Then a good frame and components. Then "clipless" pedals and shoes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im a newbie myself, just got my bike sometimes last week, just like you, I havent ride a bike in maybe 20 years, I'm 36 now.

Man, it's not as easy as I thought, LOL, riding couple blocks already makes my legs trembling ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.