Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. 5 years ago I used cycling to get into shape and lose weight after a couple of back surgeries. It worked flawlessly. I bought a hybrid Scott w/Nexus hub and I loved every minute of it. I lost 70lbs. very quickly, (too much weight). Then I spent the next 5 years learning to eat again, and gained 100lbs right back. :( got up to 256, ouch. Hopped back on the bike this past August and after about three short rides, I remembered how much I loved it. Picked myself up my first road bike since I was 10, and I went crazy again. Come November I "had" just to continue riding through the Chicago winters. So here I am March 20th, back down to a proper weight of 183lbs, but I'm also down $8,500. Now I'm starting to train for Ragbrai in the summer. It's going to be a struggle, being that I'm in IL, I have never met a hill yet.
Looking forward to participating in the forum.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just get the miles in, don't worry about the hills. Yes there are inclines, but don't succumb to hype. They're not that bad. When you get to one, gear down and you'll get to the top eventually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts