Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some of these bikes in the US, and I wan't one in Denmark now! This one is my moms old racer. It has some pretty nice hardware on it (she told me) but could it become a single speed? I know I have to put some effort in it, but I'm ready for that part. please tell me if it would be stupid too (even though it's possible).

thank you in advance :)

and im sorry if you guys consider this type of post spamming, but as long as im told it can become reality, im gratefull and nothing is being spammed here anymore!

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
these days any bike can become a ss w/ an eno wheel or tensioner... those items are not nec if it has horiz dropouts, which is not that clear in the pic

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
That would make an excellent SS/fixed conversion. My "telescopic" vision tells me those are horizontal dropouts. Looks to be a nice lugged steel frame - late '70's to early '80's maybe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This could become a splendid SS! I love the handlebar and pedal cages.

If you don't want a fixed gear, consider mounting a coaster brake (backpedal brake) and keep only the "normal" front brake. No brakes look cooler, but do you really want that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.