Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just registered and the site is persistently asking me to post a hello message, which doesn't seem like a bad idea, so here I go: Hi all! :)

I just got my 1st road bike 2 days ago, a 2011 Trek Madone 4.7, and, since I'm new to road bikes in general, I'm still trying to figure things out (like where do I sit..?). There's a lot of information on this site so I'm sure that will help a lot with my questions.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to see at least a few of you out there on the road.

Ricky

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Welcome. You sit on the saddle, but you should stand up often ;-)

You'll probably get some ribbing about your user name. Don't take it personally. There's some history of comments and questions about trek bikes.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
trek -- do they make good bikes?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'm surprised that the screen name wasn't already taken...no I'm not.

What are you gonna do if you get a different bike but build up a history of posts that you are proud of? Seems like a terrible dillema. Personally I have decided to never, under any circumstances, to leave Boston.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
And I've vowed never to change my pretend name.

It's always a good idea to post a picture of yourself on the bike, from the side with the pedals in the 12 and 6 o'clock positions, and ask for advice on the fit. This is sure to generate lots of comments and helpful advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome. You sit on the saddle, but you should stand up often ;-)
Is that what that little thing is for...? :blush2:

You'll probably get some ribbing about your user name. Don't take it personally. There's some history of comments and questions about trek bikes.
Oh, I knew that was coming before I signed up! :thumbsup: I already see a few here. Thanks for the heads up! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... Well, if you're the 800 pound gorilla, I think we all know the answer...

What an interesting screen name. I wish I had a mind like that :cornut:

Welcome to the road less traveled... but what travels you can have.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm already feeling right at home, which is not necessarily a good thing... :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

What are you gonna do if you get a different bike but build up a history of posts that you are proud of? Seems like a terrible dillema. Personally I have decided to never, under any circumstances, to leave Boston.
What does my screen name has to do with my bike? I'm just a Star Trek fan... Ohhhhh I get it. Yeah, dude... You're stuck in Boston. :D

·
Registered
681 Posts

Agreed, but not as bad as getting a tattoo of your girlfriends name on your arm. Always the kiss of death.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I just registered and the site is persistently asking me to post a hello message, which doesn't seem like a bad idea, so here I go: Hi all! :)
What's your personal contact info? I want to persistently ask you to send me $.

Welcome to RBR and congrasts on the bike.

Send me money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.