Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm sure my story is common. I'm 40, living in the burbs, married, 2 kids and too many responsibilities. Been riding mountain bikes my whole life. I haven't been on drop bars in 20 years, which was the last time I owned a road bike. I recently picked up a second hand Giant TCR in great condition. I've been finding less and less time to get on the trails and the convenience of road riding has drawn me over the the "dark side", as some of my mountain bike buddies like to joke. (Interesting enough most of them don't have kids. Go figure!) Anyways, its only been 2 rides but I really am enjoying the skinny biking so here I am. I hope to get to meet some of you and appreciate the tips, advice, ideas and incite I'm sure I'll pick up as I pedal along on my new road bike adventure.

Cheers
Antonio

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Welcome Antonio! This is a fine forum with much to offer - especially to Newbs. There is much experience here.

I'll give you a site where you will find much info -

RoadbikeRider.com

BTW - we're not the "dark side" over here; we're the light side, as in "I've seen the light" (done in my best religious person convert voice).

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I hope to get to meet some of you and appreciate the tips, advice, ideas and incite I'm sure I'll pick up as I pedal along on my new road bike adventure.
Welcome, and congratulations on becoming a real cyclist ;-)

I hope you'll get some insights, and we do incite one another occasionally.

You're about median age for this place; there are lots of us oldsters who pretend we're wise because we have gray hair (or no hair) and have been riding for 40 years. Don't take us too seriously, and don't take smart-alec spelling and grammar corrections personally -- they're just part of the landscape here.

What part of the world are you riding in?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Take a swing by the beginner forum, too. We tend to go gently with the ribbing there.

And allow me to welcome you with some gratuitous rep. You'll have to earn it from here on out. :wink:

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Two posts and I'm already being razzed! I feel right at home. :D
I live in Suffern, NY.
I'm about a hundred miles ENE of there. Better weather coming soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.