Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife was watching the Tour this morning and she said "They should have an oldest rider jersey". There is a young rider jersey (white, best rider under 25), why not have a best oldest rider jersey? I think it is a good idea. Hell, the older you get the harder it is to be competitive. Give the old guys a cool jersey to wear with pride.LOL. Who says they can't add another jersey? They had the red jersey and they got rid of it in the late 90s. They should add another now that the red jersey is gone.

Old Riders Jersey. Best placed rider over 37 or somthing. It could be brown polyester :D Possibly somthing like Rodney Dangerfield would design in the movie "Easy Money".

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
jorgy said:
Black with a skull and crossbones?
Maglia Pirata?

Wait, wrong GT.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
uzziefly said:
Maillot pirata.

Fixed.
Awesome. I speak just about zero french.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snowman3 said:
To me, nothing screams "old" (and ugly) more than argyle. But someone is already using that motif. I like the team but not the uniform. sigh.
Yeah, but Vaughters is a hipster. Look at the glasses and the burns. Honestly, I am suprised you don't see him driving the team car, reciting beatnik poetry, wearing a beret, sipping an espresso. :cool:

I actually don't mind the argyle kits. I like the tour ones they are wearing much better though.

Skinsuit with a white belt???

·
Registered
200 Posts
spinwax said:
Skinsuit with a white belt???

Oh my, that reminds me when I saw Jasper Parnevik at the Phoenix Open golf tourney. You could spot him a mile away.... no problem at all identifying Jasper's group! hehehe Cool guy though... pretty willing to sign autographs and mingle with fans while warming up, etc.

Maybe we can get them to wear over-the-calf black dress socks with shorts. That's always a nice look.

·
Registered
960 Posts
No matter what the KIT looks like, I like the idea....
I think it should be (young rider is under 25, right?) how about over 35...
Zabel has been in the hunt for this jersey for like 3 years now...
heck, it might keep some riders around for another couple seasons...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sprocket - Matt said:
No matter what the KIT looks like, I like the idea....
I think it should be (young rider is under 25, right?) how about over 35...
Zabel has been in the hunt for this jersey for like 3 years now...
heck, it might keep some riders around for another couple seasons...
I know it sounded kind of like a joke when I posted this thread, but I am kind of serious. I am with you. My wife came up with the idea. I think it is great.

Maybe we can start a petition. LOL.

I do like the idea of the Members Only Jacket. Heck, if they are in their late 30s, they were around when MO jackets were popular. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.