Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Panasonic track frame......I've been searching for a good lugged track frame and this is perfect.

"50.5 c-c, 52 top tube. 120 spacing. Ishiwata 019 tubing. Shimano BB, Hatta HS"

This is going to be fun.....now I have to decide on the components....

"

·
Registered
598 Posts
Nice find, Dave.

I'm thinking you've got to go Suntour for this one if you're making a true track bike.

I miss my old Panasonic DX-1000. It was my first non-department store bike, and was crappy by today's standards, but would have made a lovely fixie.

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Now you've got the frame, go NJS on the rest:
Seatpost, stem, bars: Nitto
Crank: Sugino 75 or Grand Mighty if you're feeling flush.
Hubs: Dura Ace high flange or some Suzues if you can find some.
Rims: Arayas... not NJS spec but close.

Very cool frame. I'm jealous of all the keirin frames that make it over here but sizes over 55cm are few and far in between. Guess I have to stick to Italian :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you want to see a keirin frame, i just posted mine up on the "Post your fixed gear here" thread. It's a Vivalo Pro Special. The frame is pretty much brand new - beautiful silver flake paintjob. It's pure sprint geometry. I have it all NJS except seatpost...i might just get a Nitto Jag seatpost just to make it completely NJS. Well the deep-v's aren't really NJS either.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
24601 said:
Very nice. Where'd you find it?
Keirin Culture...He has a page on MySpace and he sells on eBay.. I bid on a frame on eBay and didn't win. He send me an email to show me his other frames,

He's also getting a webpage up and running...

www.KeirinCulture.com, His frames aren't listed yet

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
asterisk said:
Now you've got the frame, go NJS on the rest:
Seatpost, stem, bars: Nitto
Crank: Sugino 75 or Grand Mighty if you're feeling flush.
Hubs: Dura Ace high flange or some Suzues if you can find some.
Rims: Arayas... not NJS spec but close.

Very cool frame. I'm jealous of all the keirin frames that make it over here but sizes over 55cm are few and far in between. Guess I have to stick to Italian :)
I'm thinking NJS parts too but I'm not sure this is a keirin frame. The rear spacing is 120mm...Keirin frames are 110mm

·
What the Hell is going on
5,637 Posts
My Panasonic Fixie

Nice frame Dave. I've had mine for a couple of years and use it mostly for commuting. This past summer I took her out the velodrome for some racing. I don't think she's a true track bike, even though she has rear facing dropouts. She was/is drilled for long reach brakes. Anyway, are you gonna put a Regal on her?

Here's a link to my Panasonic fixie: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=220600#poststop

·
What the Hell is going on
5,637 Posts
Red Regal

Dave Hickey said:
....I'm probably going with a red Sachs Regal on this bike....
I have a red Regal on my LeMond and the red is starting to wear away. Is there such a thing as red leather conditioner? Does Kiwi make red leather shoe polish?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
San Marco made Concors in blue.

Dave Hickey said:
That's a nice looking bike....I'm probably going with a red Sachs Regal on this bike....
They had plastic cowling under the nose of the saddle and ultralight chromoly rails. One of those would look very cool with your frame.

Goin brakeless?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rusa1586 said:
They had plastic cowling under the nose of the saddle and ultralight chromoly rails. One of those would look very cool with your frame.

Goin brakeless?

I'm not sure yet. If I go with a front brake, I'll use another fork. I won't drill out the exisiting fork... I'm also not sure if I'll respray the frame or not. I'll wait until it arrives..

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Dave, just want you to know...

that if you should come to your senses and realize that you simply have purchased way too many bike recently and that Mrs. H is simply NOT GOING TO BE WELL WITH THIS. Anyway, if you need to hide it at my house for your coming to Greensboro trips, I will take great care of it.

My vote, don't repaint. I have a special place in my heart for Panasonic's....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The frame arrived yesterday. I spend last night cleaning it up..It is in much better condition that I thought. There is no need for a repaint..What appeared to be scratches were actually just scuffs. A little elbow grease and they came right off.

I'm going to keep the frame white and go with Dura Ace high flange hubs laced to red Velocity deep V's.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.