Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured it wouldn't take long for Trek to migrate the same front IsoSpeed Decoupler on the Domane over to the Boone...

Pro Bike Profile: Katie Compton’s 2017 Nationals-Winning Trek Boone

Bicycle accessory Bicycle part White Composite material Bicycle

Her bike doesn't appear to have the split seat tube like the new Domane. I'm assuming that design might not work so well in CX because of all the mud and dirt that would get stuck in the split(?)

I wonder when Trek will start offering this new Boone to mere mortals...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Here bike doesn't appear to have the split seat tube like the new Domane. I'm assuming that design might not work so well in CX because of all the mud and dirt that would get stuck in the split
You might be right, but this configuration is the same as on the 2017 SL Domane, which uses the same rear isocoupler setup as the 2016 frames. The SLR Domane not only has the "split", as you call it, but a completely new cluster at the seat stay/seat tube/top tube.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I figured it wouldn't take long for Trek to migrate the same front IsoSpeed Decoupler on the Domane over to the Boone...

Pro Bike Profile: Katie Compton’s 2017 Nationals-Winning Trek Boone

View attachment 317703

Her bike doesn't appear to have the split seat tube like the new Domane. I'm assuming that design might not work so well in CX because of all the mud and dirt that would get stuck in the split(?)

I wonder when Trek will start offering this new Boone to mere mortals...
A lot of people apparently loved this technology on the new Domane (a number of detailed reviews are out there if you want to check them out). I am a Giant TCX man myself, but I like a lot of things about the Boone (just not the price) and I dig the support and coverage Trek is providing CX, so I am interested in seeing what folks think about this update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts