Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this:

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/gary_fisher_collection/cyclocross/cronuscx/

Looks nice - hidden fender mounts, fork mounted cable hanger (no more brake shudder), notice that it doesn't have its brand name blanketed across the frame 10+ times, the internal cables look nice for suit-casing, or grabbing to throw over the shoulder, and I like the clean look of the seat collar/cable hanger.

I am curious about the MSRP; I would guess that it is the frame and fork only price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,609 Posts
Web site says MSRP of $3,679. "Available early 2011."
 

·
Do not touch the trim.
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
looks like a pretty crappy spec for the money. For $300.00 more you get a Ridley X-Night World Cup edition with full SRAM red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow

OnTheRivet said:
looks like a pretty crappy spec for the money. For $300.00 more you get a Ridley X-Night World Cup edition with full SRAM red.
Where did you see that deal? I thought those as frame/fork only were $2,900.00. Did Ridley change their geometery, last time I rode one it felt like I was remounting a horse, the BB was really high up. These top end bikes are getting expensive.
 

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
But the SRAM Red drops the chain....
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,013 Posts
fork mount brake hanger

kinda reduces your brake choice. Hard to run wide profiles w/ high straddle with that
 

·
Do not touch the trim.
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
atpjunkie said:
kinda reduces your brake choice. Hard to run wide profiles w/ high straddle with that

ATP, here's a question, do you think running a higher straddle thus shortening the cable length from the cable stop will minimize fork shudder? I'm going back to canti's (from mini v's) for my new bike after getting frustrated with cane creeks and fork shudder on my last bike. Trying Tektro CR720's with the wide profile and running the strqaddle cable very high hoping to eliminate the funky cable cycling that creates fork shudder. I'm trying this after looking at how high most of the Euro pros run their front straddle cable, fingers crossed.

Svens Colnago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm

atpjunkie said:
kinda reduces your brake choice. Hard to run wide profiles w/ high straddle with that
Not following you on that; looking at the picture of the bike it has wide profile brakes on it. Why would you want to have a higher straddle if it has a fork mounted cable hanger?
I thought the high straddle was to help eliminate chatter, which is what I thought the fork hanger was to supposed to do do as well?
 

·
Do not touch the trim.
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Kuna said:
Not following you on that; looking at the picture of the bike it has wide profile brakes on it. Why would you want to have a higher straddle if it has a fork mounted cable hanger?
I thought the high straddle was to help eliminate chatter, which is what I thought the fork hanger was to supposed to do do as well?
Actually the higher straddle is to get the proper mechanical advantage with wide profile canti's.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top