Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inquired about a Trek gold Lance signed bike for 1450 plus 250 shipping. Was told to give my name and address and he would give payment instructions. I was also told the bike was at e-bays' shipping facility in San Jose Ca. I told him I lived near the South Bay and would pick it up. He said the bike would only be released to him. Said he went out of the country and had e-bay handle the transaction and payment would be through e-bay. However, it's not an auction so that's concerning. It just does not sound right so I'm passing. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks

MB

· Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
mb323323 said:
Inquired about a Trek gold Lance signed bike for 1450 plus 250 shipping. Was told to give my name and address and he would give payment instructions. I was also told the bike was at e-bays' shipping facility in San Jose Ca. I told him I lived near the South Bay and would pick it up. He said the bike would only be released to him. Said he went out of the country and had e-bay handle the transaction and payment would be through e-bay. However, it's not an auction so that's concerning. It just does not sound right so I'm passing. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks

MB
Several things tell me this is a scam:

1) EBay does not ship, or have anything to do with merchandise sold through their site. There is no EBay shipping facility anywhere.

2) EBay does not handle transactions on mercandise not sold on their site. Furthermore, the only thing EBay does handle are creditcard purchases through Paypal.

Yes, it's a scam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.