Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New firmware just came out. It allows you to set up multishift on the rear shifting. You can set it to limit to 2, 3 or no limit for the number of gears. If you set no limit, it will shift across the cassette as long as you hold the button down. You can also set multishift shifting speed to very slow, slow, normal, fast and very fast. Shimano beats campy EPS!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It now supports Dura Ace 9070. The ultegra 6770 setting in the software is not able to set it to 11 speed just yet. I assume it would be easy for them to do this in the software, but its not there yet.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
New firmware just came out. It allows you to set up multishift on the rear shifting. You can set it to limit to 2, 3 or no limit for the number of gears. If you set no limit, it will shift across the cassette as long as you hold the button down. You can also set multishift shifting speed to very slow, slow, normal, fast and very fast. Shimano beats campy EPS!
Dunno about 'beats', but on a level playing field, I do tend to like the Shimano electronic solution better than Campagnolo's, mostly because of the brain/power configuration in Campy being less desireable to me.

Multishift was the one thing Shimano missed in the original implementation. Good to see they've got it going now, and the adjustability is a nicety. Just the same, I'll be more than happy using mechanical for the forseeable future. nothing wrong with the fancy toys, but I appreciate simplicity, too.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup. You or your LBS need to get the PC interface SM-PCE1 and then you are good to go. It automatically downloads the latest firmware, and installs it into your components. You connect it to the spare port on your shifters.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yup. You or your LBS need to get the PC interface SM-PCE1 and then you are good to go. It automatically downloads the latest firmware, and installs it into your components. You connect it to the spare port on your shifters.
Interesting, thanks for the info

·
Cathedral City, CA
910 Posts
Dunno about 'beats', but on a level playing field, I do tend to like the Shimano electronic solution better than Campagnolo's, mostly because of the brain/power configuration in Campy being less desireable to me.

Multishift was the one thing Shimano missed in the original implementation. Good to see they've got it going now, and the adjustability is a nicety. Just the same, I'll be more than happy using mechanical for the forseeable future. nothing wrong with the fancy toys, but I appreciate simplicity, too.
I think the trade-off would be a few more connections for Shimano to waterproof.

Reactions: orange_julius

·
Cathedral City, CA
910 Posts
Shimano wouldn't be doing it if Campagnolo had not. Time to laugh at all the Shimano folks who said "What do you need that for?".

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
I just got my SM-PCE1 in the mail. Do you think it has the ability to program multi gear shifts or do I need to buy a newer verssion??

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's only one version. Once you follow the instructions for the E tube software and connect it up to your PC, it downloads updated firmware for itself and for the Ultegra components.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shimano wouldn't be doing it if Campagnolo had not. Time to laugh at all the Shimano folks who said "What do you need that for?".
Well............if I remember correctly, when it was just Shimano out there with the electronic shifting, I think it was the Campy people who said, "what do you need that for?":aureola::aureola:

·
Cathedral City, CA
910 Posts
Well............if I remember correctly, when it was just Shimano out there with the electronic shifting, I think it was the Campy people who said, "what do you need that for?"
Campagnolo has been working on an E-shift system since the early 90's. As far as I know, that predates any Shimano work.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
There's only one version. Once you follow the instructions for the E tube software and connect it up to your PC, it downloads updated firmware for itself and for the Ultegra components.

sweet, thx bro

·
Velocipediologist
1,562 Posts
electronic shifting...............it just makes me giggle inside.

The first disc braked, electronically shifted road bike I see may be more than I can take.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My LBS, Bike Barn in Parramatta has been good enough to allow me to take my bike and and update the software on two occasions so far but I have just ordered the Shimano PC interface kit so I don't have to over extend my goodwill, especially as I already have two bikes equipped with Ultegra Di2 and I now seriously thinking I may soon have to upgrade to DA Di2 once it becomes commonly available and market prices have stabilised.

Certainly this one rider who could never go back to a mechanical groupset again.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
electronic shifting...............it just makes me giggle inside.

The first disc braked, electronically shifted road bike I see may be more than I can take.
yea progress blows

1 - 20 of 55 Posts