Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
depends on your budget, what are you willing to spend? The lighter, the easier they will spin up. The more I hear about tubeless, the more I am interested in it. I will bet you would get a wide range of answers.

· Registered
2,771 Posts
I'd wait on tubeless. The tire selections are minimal as are the rim choices. With more choice comes better pricing.

If i had 2k to blow on hoops i'd get a set of zipp 303 tubulars with a power tap. Why the heck not! Get some conti comps, put in a bit of stans and carry a spare tubular tire with some glue on the base. I love the way my zipps ride. LOVE them! Often dream about when i'm done racing and can justify using them daily :D
as for the power tap, why the heck not? Gagets are cool, couple it with a garmin edge 705. the only thing you won't have is a coffee maker on that ride!

· Registered
2,673 Posts
post this question in the wheels forum. you'll be able to get more specific answers to any questions. You can get many extremely light wheelsets as you approach the $1k mark, certainly when you get above it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.