Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
The stock wheelset is just about 1950gr. I'll weigh them for you tomorrow with pictures. You WILL see a difference in performance from a lighter wheelset. I did several loops on aksiums(about equivalent weight wise) vs. the Roval fusee sl 25's(1450gr.) I bought and the Rovals were on avg 1.7mph faster over the course of 42 miles = less energy used throughout the ride. My personal feeling is that the stock F5 wheels ride similar to the aksiums performance wise but, I have no data to back that up. We also have a set of Roval Rapide's that Im going to try out over a 33 mile loop and can report back on that ride probably next weekend.

I know there are a lot of variables when testing equipment this way BUT, I feel there is no better way to test stuff other than where it matters. Out on the road.

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
lockwood1 said:
a lot of people in here don't like them because their not aero, ugly and a lot of other negative things but I think Mavic Ksyrium Elite's are a great choice for your F5

I have to agree that they're ugly but, if you want to climb and dont need aero wheels then they make a fine set of wheels if you can find them cheaper than retail. ROL is also making a super nice set of wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts