Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Carbon Tread Hi Folks,
Just sign up to the forums so hope I'm posting in the right place. I have a set of Roval Rapide CL60 wheels which ended up in a scrape last weekend. The Brake surface is scratched up on one side but I'm not convinced they're a right-off. Would like a second opinion on this as they are still structurally sound and run perfectly true. I have pictures attached. Let me know i can take more if need be.
Cheers
regards Darren

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
It's "write-off". What did you do to cause that?

It's hard to tell from pictures but it looks like the scratches are shallow. The rim there has an outer braking surface that's not structural. Ride it and see how much the braking is affected. You may be able to move the pad down a few mm to miss most of the scratches.

Even the rim was damaged beyond use, you only replace the rim, not the set of wheels.

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
Maybe try to wet sand gently the scratches and see of you can lower the pads as mentioned. Looks like a lot of brake track left and it might work. Replace tire.

You are probably going to feel them pulse in any event.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts