Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am planning to Finally upgrade from >10yrs. old Mavic Mach 2 rims w/DA hubs (very durable, but heavy) to something lighter. I'm currently looking at the Cane Creek Volos (or possibly the older Aerohead model) and Neuvation's R28 Aero.

I'm not heavy (145), so these might be overkill in terms of stiffness, but since my budget's limited these seem to be good deals...

Those of you who'Ve experienced one or both of these wheelsets -- any recommendations??

Also, no one seems to be able to say with any certainty if I can use my old DA Hyperglide 8spd. cogs (made in the early '90s) with the Volos set. Anyone have the answer? (Peformance and Neuvation have let me know that the Aerohead and R28s will).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
The Cane Creek wheels will feel faster than the Nuevations because all of the weight of the Cane Creeks are at the hub where the Neuvations are the opposite with a heavy rim with lighter hubs. Your DA 8 speed cassette will fit the Cane Creek wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks.
After reading the comments here and another forum, I'm leaning toward CC.
As I'm seeing/receiving both views about compatability/incompatability of the CCs with my old DA cogs, though, I'll need to ID a seller with good return terms in case I need to do that. I think Performance was good with that (no restocking fee).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.