Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Litespeed model !!! - Xicon

Litespeed boys let me saddle up on the new Xicon last weekend. Comfortable, FAST, hungry hill monster, FAST, nimble, and did I mention FAST?? Thanks Litespeed !!!!! Unbelievable performance at an even more unbelievable price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I didn't know LS came out with a new bike. I just researched the Xicon and it is their new entry level model with a much lower price point, probably a good move for them.

As for the Saber, I like what you did with the frame decals...but those wheel decals got to go IMO...remove those and you have one stealth looking tri bike, not to mention 30 grams less of rotating weight!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice Saber. I have the 2005 version with the carbon seat stays and bright yellow stickers. I really like the look of your custom stickers, but I like the yellow on mine to help me be a little more visable to cars. Is that an Adamo saddle? If it is what do you think of it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I use the Adamo saddle for several reasons. By using my "Lewedges" and the Adamo, I'm able to sit on the bike square rather than rolling from side to side. My toes used to go numb as well. I would have given up cycling if it were not for the Adamo. I can just ride, just pedal without having to click out and let the blood run back into my feet.

Keep an eye on your seat stays. That carbon fiber has a habit of coming away from the Ti. My coach had the 05 and had to send it back to LS. The sticker that covers the connection can also hide the separation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the information on the carbon to Ti issue will definately be looking at that area more closely. I to have a problem with numbness and will have to give the Adamo saddle a try. If you do not mind my asking, what was the price on the Xcion, I have not see any pricing on the web or at local shops. I was thinking of getting an inexpensive "road" bike and I just cannot give up the Ti ride feel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is not my Xicon. I wish it were :) It was given to me to ride by Litespeed during TRIFEST 09. I will buy one eventually. They just announced the new model. It's not yet on their site but I can tell you that the frameset will be $1599 retail. You will have to add the cost of the components. The Xicon is scheduled to be available in May - I believe. Pretty darn good price for Ti !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Litespeed was giving sheets out at TRIFEST 09 with measurements. I would send them an email through their website. They should respond. They were good about getting back to me. Good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sethbotwick said:
Litespeed was giving sheets out at TRIFEST 09 with measurements. I would send them an email through their website. They should respond. They were good about getting back to me. Good luck.
Size Top Tube Length (cm) Head Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Length Seat Tube (approx c-c) Chainstay Length (cm) BB Drop (cm) Fork Rake (cm) Head Tube Length (cm)
6 S 52.0 72.0 74.5 47.5 43.5 42.5 7.1 5.0 17.0
7 M 53.0 72.5 74.5 49.5 45.5 42.5 7.2 5.0 19.0
8 ML 55.0 73.0 74.0 51.5 47.5 43.5 7.3 4.5 22.0
9 L 56.0 73.0 73.5 53.5 49.5 43.5 7.5 4.5 25.0
10 XL 57.5 73.0 73.0 55.5 51.5 44.5 7.5 4.5 27.5

The formatting is messy, but I'm sure you can work it out. The bike has been launched here in NZ - great pictures ....

http://roadcycling.co.nz/Reviews/litespeed-xicon-launched-in-new-zealand.html

·
Registered
494 Posts
sethbotwick said:
That is not my Xicon. I wish it were :) It was given to me to ride by Litespeed during TRIFEST 09. I will buy one eventually. They just announced the new model. It's not yet on their site but I can tell you that the frameset will be $1599 retail. You will have to add the cost of the components. The Xicon is scheduled to be available in May - I believe. Pretty darn good price for Ti !!

Neato! Though I wonder why Litespeed decided to call the new model, the Xicon. There will surely be some confusion with another model, the Icon. Maybe they are replacing the Icon with the Xicon?

I like to see the price of titanium coming down to something I can afford. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
bumpin up this old thread cuz of the nice pics.

i'm 5'6 with normal arm/leg lengths. Will i fit a size S Xicon?? I'm currently riding a size S Look 566 (51, but who knows how they measure) with 100mm stem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
:thumbsup:
skyliner1004 said:
bumpin up this old thread cuz of the nice pics.

i'm 5'6 with normal arm/leg lengths. Will i fit a size S Xicon?? I'm currently riding a size S Look 566 (51, but who knows how they measure) with 100mm stem.
I'm 5'6.5 with a 30.5" in seam and would fit on a small with 11cm stem and a few spacers, and a medium with a 10cm stem slammed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.