Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I took up an opportunity to understand more about NYL. After reading many online forums and reports, there are a lot of messages written about the company, many of which are mixed with praises and, you know, the more unfriendly ones. The general consensus is that it's a great company, and is one of the most respected in the industry.

Those who are successful usually start their career there with a book of contacts, usually friends and families, where they can attempt to sell their insurance products and "help out with their lives" etc. Eventually after the first 3 "training" years, the agent becomes more established, and can generate more income by positive referrals and experience in the local market. The first three years the agent is rolling the snowball, and later the snowball rolls on its own, I think it can be described that way.

What if one does not wish to sell to close friends and families to start out this type of career? I would rather keep honest and clean relationship with my close friends and family and really would not like to bridge these relationships with money, since in many cases that can spoil them. How successful can one start this type of career by cold-calling? Should I look somewhere else?

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
If you don't have it in you to screw over family and friends, financial sales may not be your field.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts