Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DragonFly rider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting into the road and found a Cannondale R1000 in good shape but so far no one
has been able to give me the scoop on these wheels they are Mavic CXP 30 and also have a SUP with alittle sticker that says UB control in front of the cxp 30.
Are these pretty decent wheels or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CXP 30 is the rim. I believe the 30 corresponds to the 30 mm rim depth. Its a deep-v profile rim which provides quite a bit of structural integrity for the completed wheel. The hub, which you do not mention is also an important part of the wheel. The CXP30 was a high quality rim and would likely be paired with a quality hub, though thats not guaranteed. You have wheels built from standard components which IMO is a good thing, especially with such a strong rim. If it were me, I'd have my favorite mechanic take a look at the bike and the wheels and help me decide what needed work. Sometimes even the best wheels need some TLC.

Bottom line, I'm 180 lbs and wheels run and hide when they see me coming. I put lots of hard miles on my wheels and the rim I choose for my training wheels is the CXP-33 which is the updated version of the CXP 30. You probably have the ingredients for a good solid set of wheels but you need an expert to look them over and help you decide what needs to be done to them. The nice part is that everything on standard wheels is replaceable and upgradable.

·
Registered
635 Posts
im assuming this bike is used? Is it yellow? Are the wheels blue? Regardless, a teammate of mine has on older cannondale r1000 w/ the mavic cxp 30 rims and he loves the bike. The rims havent failed him yet, in both training and races. I can ask him specifics if you want. (It isn't his primary bike, but he's had it for awhile and rides it somewhat often, especially training and for crits i seem to think).

·
DragonFly rider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hubs are

Ultegra and the wheel set appears to be in fairly new condition as to no noticeable wear on the brakeing surface.
And thank you for your replys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts