Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newbie blindly chasing bike weight

I am a newbie here, of course, u can see my ID. If i am blindling chasing for entry level carbon fiber bike just for a lighter weight VS a mid hi quality ALU fram bike; is this kind of non sense?

I know CF frame may flex a little bit and may give you a bit of comfotabilty.

2012 Fuji Gran Fondo 4.0
Or
Felt f85

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes, it is kind of nonsense. The carbon framed bike may not even be lighter, depending on the other parts. If you can do it, you should do test rides on both bikes (in the proper size to fit you) and buy the one that feels best to you. That is more important than the details of parts specified, and much more important than frame material.

·
Winner!
296 Posts
Getting a low end cf bike just for the sake of carbon is not wise. Canon dale has come along way with their caad frames, conversely there are many many ways to make carbon and many many different people making it, not all are good at it.
I know two guys whom own caad10's and love them, one even upgraded all the parts and will not be replacing the frame anytime soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot, trying to read bike stuff is hard when need to watch out for boss... LOL
No offense to Fuji Fans, are their CF bike (CF fram material & workmanship) necessary up to par with their competitiors in similar price range? Say .. caad10...
I see Fuji bike always have huge discount.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Fuji carbon frames are just as good as Giant, Trek, or any other major bicycle brand.

Their aluminum frames are just as good as Cannondale's CAAD 10's too! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.