Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I picked up my new 59cm Lemond Poprad Disc yesterday afternoon, which I will be using for a 5-mile one-way commute in Washington, D.C. I am hoping that I will be able to keep at it, rain or shine. Now that some household chores are done, I am taking it on its first real ride in a few minutes.

I had the LBS swap in a Chris King headset, treat the frame with J.P. Weigle's Framesaver, and replace the Bontrager meats with some Specialized Armadillos for my Washington D.C. commute. I've got a pair of stainless steel Eggbeaters on order.

The disc brakes have very little stopping power right now, and there is a real bad shudder in the front brake. I took a close look and the discs had oil on them. I wiped down the discs with alcohol so they are nice and shiny. I'll give the discs a few more cleanings as I use the bike. Hopefully, the cleaning and wearing them in will make the brakes work better, otherwise I'll have the LBS relace the disc pads and discs, if necessary.

BTW, I am about 220lbs, 6'1", 34" bike inseam, and a 16x36 dress shirt. I took it for a short ride at the LBS, and the bike seems to fit me just about perfect, and it handles really well. I had ridden a 57cm and a 59cm Poprad, both with canti's before ordering the disc version, and so the good fit comes as no surprise.

FYI, I posted a similar message on the CX forum.

--Mudslinger

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
Some would consider a post about a new bike without posting a picture teasing.

The unwritten forum rules allow 24 hours to correct the oversight or face banishment. If thats not enough I'll throw in a "Pretty Please".

·
Registered
813 Posts
right on!

Hey mudslinger

congrats on the new ride! let's see some pics!

good to note that you're using framesaver and eggbeaters, i am too. i'll post pics of my Poprad Disc soon..

decided to keep my Poprad canti too, need it for the crossin..

ride safely,

tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts