Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks.
I am a pretty experienced mtn biker who is exploring the pavement side of the sport. My wife is a roadie (I talked her into a mtn bike, she talked me into a road bike) and I want to start putting some pavement miles under my wheels. I live in mtb paradise, which also seems to be road bike paradise, in the mountains of northern new mexico. I just got a nice Orbea aluminum/carbon fibre road bike (my first in 30 yrs) and plan to start putting some miles on it.
No questions or issues really, just saying "hi".

·
I like the BIG RING
160 Posts
All the best!

I am considered new as well, road biking since last August. I guess I have logged 1000 or so miles. Worked my way up to it and completed my first century 2 weeks ago. Kind of flat here on Long Island, but I live in a "hilly" part so training is a decent workout. I wish I could get the wife to ride, but she'd rather shop! Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the board! I too am new only having around 750 miles on the new bike but absolutely love it. Living in the mountains of New Mexico you will come to have a bitter sweet relationship with climbing. Enjoy the new bike and be safe.

:cornut: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the encouragement. Had the bike about 6 days now, and ridden it 4 of them. (two of those days were mtb days) I have about a mile of dirt road before I get to the pavement, which is a bit sketchy, but other than that, I'm finding that I live in road bike paradise as well as mtb paradise. Here are a few shots of my daily morning ride.:p
The dirt road
self portrait
almost there
the destination

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.