Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, fresh newbie here!

I am looking for help in search of a flat bar commuter bike. Right now I have a Specialized crosstrail that I use to get around town with. However I am looking for a flat bar commuter with efficiency and speed that I can use for the daily commute between work and school.

The bike that I tried out so far is a Raleigh Cadent ft3 and it felt alright. It's on sale for $680 after tax so it's right in my budget. Does anyone have reviews/opinion on that bike? especially after a few months because I plan to put at least 100 miles on it every week.

Any other bikes I should try that's under $800-900?

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a Crosstrail that I used to commute 15 miles each way a couple of days a week and enjoyed it. Maybe put some skinny slick tires and a rack on it. Or shop around and buy a new bike. Both options would be fun.
Have fun.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I test drove a Giant Rapid and really liked it. If I was in the market for a flat bar road bike, I would not hesitate to buy it. It was quick and very responsive. Though I tested the Rapid 0, it has the same frame on the Rapid 3. You might want to check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts