Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!! I have had my bike for 2 years and I am starting to train for a sprint triathlon. My bike has never had any kind of maintanence work done on it. Would it probably be a good idea to send it to the bike shop for a 'tune up' before my race?? Also, what kind of pre- and post-ride maintanence should I be doing?? I check the air pressure in the tires before almost every ride and add air as needed, what else should I be doing?? I guess since I've never had any problems with my bike, I've never really thought about what I should be doing for it. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I'd say after air (which you are doing), cleaning and lubing your chain would probably the next most important upkeep habit to get into. A good washing (with or without water) every now and then is also a help. Otherwise, a tune-up from a shop (unless you have the skill to do it yourself) every year or so should be all you really need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.