Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Burning Fists of Love
Joined
·
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, a new one and its you guessed, lunch room manners.

P erson cracks open a can of soup, cooks the soup in a cup and thus starts to slurp. Loudly.

I do not mind the slurping, its the mmmmmmm or ahhhhhh after each slurp. THEN the sandwich, moaning on each bite, and then Oh yeah after the bite is swallowed. This is done at a volume that the entire lunch room can hear.

THUS, my quandry, so I tell the man to get a room?
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,428 Posts
I have a new cubicle neighbor. She eats potato chips at her desk. She chomps. With her mouth open. She is a pig. I do not know her, and I already dislike her intensely.
 

·
Slightly Opinionated
Joined
·
10,231 Posts
ttug said:
Yeah, a new one and its you guessed, lunch room manners.

P erson cracks open a can of soup, cooks the soup in a cup and thus starts to slurp. Loudly.

I do not mind the slurping, its the mmmmmmm or ahhhhhh after each slurp. THEN the sandwich, moaning on each bite, and then Oh yeah after the bite is swallowed. This is done at a volume that the entire lunch room can hear.

THUS, my quandry, so I tell the man to get a room?
Tell him if he's going to eff his sandwich, please be sure to use plenty of mayo for lube.
 

·
Clear Lake, TX
Joined
·
3,269 Posts
I hates lunchsturbaters
 

·
Proud luddite
Joined
·
7,236 Posts
I never understood why people turn into absolute slobs when they come to work. Dirty dishes, spills that don't get wiped up, trash all over the place. Yuck!

Today I have the pleasure of cleaning out our office fridge. March was my month so today I'm letting the hammer fall. Everything goes.....take no hostages, hold no prisoners. I will rule the fridge with a merciless iron fist today. And I mean business! :mad:
 

·
tofurkey hunting
Joined
·
4,733 Posts
this thread/topic makes me sad for humanity :(

i love food and i love eating good food, but is this person's day so sad that RTE soup and a sammy at lunch time make him mark his happiness with audible rubbish? really, i feel like crying
 

·
tofurkey hunting
Joined
·
4,733 Posts
azpeterb said:
I never understood why people turn into absolute slobs when they come to work. Dirty dishes, spills that don't get wiped up, trash all over the place. Yuck!

Today I have the pleasure of cleaning out our office fridge. March was my month so today I'm letting the hammer fall. Everything goes.....take no hostages, hold no prisoners. I will rule the fridge with a merciless iron fist today. And I mean business! :mad:
i wish. my wife is far neater and cleaner at work than she is at home....

me = sucker ?
 

·
Seat's not level
Joined
·
19,372 Posts
I eat at my desk, or go out. Problem solved. In fact, I'm eating lunch right now. I also have the radio going on headphones so I can't hear anyone in the office.
 

·
Clear Lake, TX
Joined
·
3,269 Posts
"The No Fish In Microwave" poem

Alex-in-Evanston said:
Dear Chinese peoples, quit microwaving fish.
This is simple
No Fish in the microwave
Nothing with Fish sauce.
Nothing that sat next to a Fish in the store.
If you’re unsure, ask yourself, “Does this smell like Fish?”
If you’re still unsure, ask another person, “Does this smell like fish to you?”
If there’s any doubt, don’t microwave it.

(I found it on the interwebs)
 

·
I ride in circles..
Joined
·
4,645 Posts
I eat lunch alone at my desk in my office.. Can't hear me eat over the servers anyways. Not that loud but still.

When I eat out I hate listening to people eat.. kinda makes me sick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
ttug said:
Yeah, a new one and its you guessed, lunch room manners.

P erson cracks open a can of soup, cooks the soup in a cup and thus starts to slurp. Loudly.

I do not mind the slurping, its the mmmmmmm or ahhhhhh after each slurp. THEN the sandwich, moaning on each bite, and then Oh yeah after the bite is swallowed. This is done at a volume that the entire lunch room can hear.

THUS, my quandry, so I tell the man to get a room?
Give him a condom, tell him to be safe.
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
ttug said:
P erson cracks open a can of soup, cooks the soup in a cup and thus starts to slurp. Loudly.

I do not mind the slurping, its the mmmmmmm or ahhhhhh after each slurp.
I had an office mate who did that with coffee every single morning. It was driving me insane. On the day I had chosen to stab him in the liver, I found out I was getting my own office, so I spared him. Had I not gotten my own office, there would be one less slurper-ahhhhh guy in the world.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,737 Posts
ttug said:
Yeah, a new one and its you guessed, lunch room manners.

P erson cracks open a can of soup, cooks the soup in a cup and thus starts to slurp. Loudly.

I do not mind the slurping, its the mmmmmmm or ahhhhhh after each slurp. THEN the sandwich, moaning on each bite, and then Oh yeah after the bite is swallowed. This is done at a volume that the entire lunch room can hear.

THUS, my quandry, so I tell the man to get a room?
We have a small crew, and we work together A LOT, sometimes months at a time in close quarters, sharing either hotel rooms, condos, or houses. One guy ALWAYS chews with his mouth open and makes loud smacking sounds, then talks and sprays food everywhere. On top of it he's a slob in the kitchen. AND, although he's gotten better (because we give him constant **** about it), he still doesn't wash his hands after he takes a crap. He also has this habit of touching all over everyone's food. Like, if we all pitch in and buy a big bucket of fried chicken, he;ll pick through the entire bucket before he decides which piece he wants. Ugh. Another guy smokes like a chimney, and while he does it outside, he saves his butts all day in his pockets and then empties them into the garbage can or disposal, and makes the whole place reek of stale butts. Then another guy (my boss actually) sings the same damn song over and over, and SLUUUUUUURRRRRPS his coffee even when it's not hot. Another guy who isn't with us anymore used to eat everyone's food. I, of course, do nothing to irritate anyone :)

We all have to live with it. They are all great guys. Everyone has their idiosincracies. We all like to laugh about ours (except for the hand washing and food touching, that's just gross)
 

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
Joined
·
19,723 Posts
Tig said:
This is simple
No Fish in the microwave
Nothing with Fish sauce.
Nothing that sat next to a Fish in the store.
If you’re unsure, ask yourself, “Does this smell like Fish?”
If you’re still unsure, ask another person, “Does this smell like fish to you?”
If there’s any doubt, don’t microwave it.

(I found it on the interwebs)
Shouldn't this go in Creaky's "Things not to say..." thread?
 

·
(not a real racer)
Joined
·
482 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Dear Chinese peoples, quit microwaving fish.
We have a guy here that does that and he's white! Boss talked to him about it, he continues to do it. I asked him about it, he likes the fact that it pisses off the boss. I learned to live with it because it pisses off the boss. :D

this rant has my approval FWIW
 

·
midnight melon mounter
Joined
·
6,621 Posts
My personal lunchroom sin - I sprinkle black salt into my yogurt when I have Indian food.

Black salt is a sodium sulfide that smells like egg farts. Delicious.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top