Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As some of you may remember I had been waiting very impatiently for IRO to get in some frames. I called them up last week after waiting the three weeks that they told me to wait, and they said it would be at least one week, probably two.

So in the meantime I had been putting it out there to my friend who rides that I was in the market, and he talked to a few of his friends.

One of his buddies built me up a sweet fixie with parts he had lying around for a lot less than a new IRO would have run me. The parts aren't anything special but it's got a lot of character, and the frame is super sexy. We don't know what exactly it is, but it's lugged steel with Campy dropouts and a crowned fork. I don't have a digital camera but I'll be dropping my buddies house tonight with it and I think he may have one. If he does, I'll post them up tonight. If not, I'll find a way to get some pics up here soon.

I'm totally stoked!

joe

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Does this mean you are not getting the IRO?

After you ride that classic steel ride one thing will be sure. You won't want the IRO because you will be riding that old bike all the time.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
One of his buddies built me up a sweet fixie with parts he had lying around for a lot less than a new IRO would have run me
Friends are nice. Friends who build bikes for you are nicer. Good score Joe.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No pics yet. Soon, hopefully!

I took her for a spin last night and it was amazing. Much easier than I imagined it would be. It's like gliding... and you can sneak around on it it's so quiet. I feel like a ninja. haha.

joe

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
No pics yet. Soon, hopefully!
I took her for a spin last night and it was amazing. Much easier than I imagined it would be. It's like gliding... and you can sneak around on it it's so quiet. I feel like a ninja. haha.
joe
Nice score, but WE NEED PICTURES!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts