Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was on eurosport.

NEWS FLASH: Jan Ullrich - currently training in Tuscany - will start his season in the April 4-7 Circuit de la Sarthe in western France. Ullrich's programme after that still has to be decided but the rider will not take part in any of the spring's one-day classics, said T-Mobile manager Olaf Ludwig, who met Ullrich this weekend.

·
Banned
608 Posts
bas said:
...said T-Mobile manager Olaf Ludwig, who met Ullrich this weekend.
Probably for the first time this year. It's nice to have such a well oiled team with a clear command structure and solid lines of communication. Maybe they can meet again in September--or October.

I think how Ullrich does in the Circuit de la Sarthe will tell us a lot about whether this year will be different. He has been saying that he doesn't want to be pack fodder in his first race. If he shows up thin and in good condition it will prove that he has trained hard during the pre and early season.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
If he shows up thin and in good condition it will prove that he has trained hard during the pre and early season.
i think it's already a fact that he's trained hard during the off season. all you have to do is look at the pics from the t-mobile mallorca training camp.

if the pics didn't convince you, then - for what it's worth - i have a friend who was at the camp, and rode with the team for 4 hours every day (the team generally rode 6 hours a day). from what he told me, ol' jan was in great shape for that time of year, and the rest of the team thought so too.

·
Banned
608 Posts
botto said:
i think it's already a fact that he's trained hard during the off season.
I sincerely hope so. I am pulling for Ullrich to win the Tour.

No matter what condition he was in earlier in the year, bad condition only takes a few weeks of strudel and sloth. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts