Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Further to my earlier post vis-a-vis Raleigh catalogues I'm doing a refub and am trying to find some decals that match the "Road Ace" model shown below.

I have contacted H Lloyds in Penrith in the UK, but don't think they can help based on the summary of their decals in stock. Lloyd's are great and do have a stock of obscure stuff, so do take a look at their site if you're looking for something obscure, web address if interested is;

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/NICK_AT_LLOYDS/

Anyone in the good ole US of A know where I could find some or if they can be reproduced somehow?:confused:

The frame I'm refurbing Is shown a few snaps down and is basically the same but under a different model name 'Gran Course" which I've never seen before. Mind you I remeber the "Road Ace" as it was sold in the UK where I'm from, I just picked the "Gran Course" up in New Zealand for NZ$50, maybe same model under local name???

I'm going to have it repainted like my last Raleigh so it looks mint and then will buy NOS kit for it, maybe some AX!!! A framebuilder friend is putting in a new down tube, front mech boss and internal cable brake cable guide as a favout, just a few bucks.:rolleyes:

DannyBoy.:eek:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think I've found the model in an '84 catalogue

I found a 1984 catalogue on the net. ooks like from '84 onwards Raleigh introduced the "Gran Course" as a frameset which is why I didn't recognise it as a UK bike that I'd have seen in a shop.

I'm going to try and get it refurbed like for like with catalogue i.e. no red decals, or in line with the Road Ace.

Looks like '84 saw the introduction of shot in stays.

If anyone can help with repo decals do let me know.

Dannyboy

·
Registered
392 Posts
Try here...

No experience with them but also have some decal options

http://www.universalcyclecentre.co.uk/indexhome.htm

I used llyods for some repro decals once. They were printed viynl and were ok. If you send an email about sizing you want and colors then he may be able to work something out.

If anyone knows where to find other repro decals (I am after 1989 Raleigh Super-U team bike decals if they exist...) any info would be greatly appreciated.

Takmanjapan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts